Online with confidence and better skills!
The Association Langas Į Ateitį (LiA) has been the Lithuanian national partner for GOW since its kick-off back in 2010. In 2017, for the eighth time, LiA will organize the campaign in Lithuania.
GOW17 in Lithuania will focus on the two main topics: trust and confidence (security). LiA will invite National Digital Coalition as well as Safer Internet project partners to join the campaign reaching schools, libraries and youth job centres.
The main activities will be training and awareness raising, including:
- Cybersecurity: Promotion of training materials in Lithuanian on safe Internet and big data from WebWeWant and Digital Gold Diggers
- eServices: In partnership with the association of Lithuanian banks : webinars on safe issues of financial literacy and data privacy, e-banking services online, direct meetings by experts organized in the public libraries. Main audience – teenagers and NEET
- Employment and Entrepreneurship: 40 Youth Job Centres will organize NEET groups to be involved in the interractive events
LiA is planning to involve over 120 partner organizations, including 60 public and school libraries, 40 Youth Job Centres, 19 National Digital Coalition members, 2 private business associations, etc. and thus engage 6000 users in the campaign.
As in previous years, GOW17 in Lithuania will be promoted and covered through different media channels, such as social networks, partners websites, newsletters, national TV and radio, E-skills campaign channels. Total reach during last year GOW campaign by media channels was 300 K audience, and around the same or more is expected for this year as well.
Contact: Mrs. Loreta Krizinauskiene
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Lithuania
- Blogpost: Short Summary of Get Online Week 2016 in Lithuania
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2016 in Lithuania: Discover More
- Video: Get Online Week 2016
- Photos: Moments from GOW16 events in Lithuania