This is the 4th year that the Hellenic Professionals Informatics Society (HePIS) is proudly and actively involved in supporting the European Get Online Week by encouraging young people to engage with ICT.
Hellenic Professionals Informatics Society (HePIS) has been the national partner since 2014, and in 2017 HePIS again is leading the GOW campaign in Greece.
The main partners for GOW17 are: Microsoft Hellas, CISCO, PEOPLECERT, and Alliance For Digital Employability.
HePIS will organize the following activities to involve 1,000 people in GOW17:
- Online campaigns in order to promote coding as a key skill for all and enabling them to learn the basics through playing an online game;
- Online courses offered by CISCO in Cybersecurity ;
- Educational programs (such as Coding Bootcamps) aiming to re-skill young candidates as programmers in Java and C# with placing a significant percent of them in relevant positions
Specifically, on the topic of Cybersecurity, HePIS will hold an Online campaign in order to enroll over 500 candidates in online courses offered by CISCO in Cybersecurity.
E-Services and Employment and Entrepreneurship are the subjects, already included in the educational programs (such as Coding Bootcamps), offered by HePIS. In addition, HePIS will create relevant sections on their educational platform (over 25.000 unique visitors per month) and relevant content for their websites and social media.
Contact: Ms. Katerina Apostolopoulou
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017 in Larissa, Greece
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Greece