Digital payments awareness and safety
A partner for six previous Get Online Weeks, Telecentre Danmark (known previously as The Association of Danish Senior Citizens) again will be the Danish national partner for Get Online Week 2017.
The two main topics for GOW17 campaign in Denmark will be Cybersecurity and e-Services. Telecentre-danmark’s goal is to promote the advantages of digital solutions within e-commerce, new methods of payment (with the focus on payment through smartphones) and e-health (e-government). Telecentre-danmark will place focus on practical use, tuition, internet safety as well as legal aspects and rights pertaining to these functions.
Telecentre-danmark will produce tuition materials, organize workshops/ conferences for ICT centres and local community groups in collaboration with partners, specifically:
- produce brohures on safety and security with focus on e-commerce and related digital services
- focus on digital methods of payments on internet (e-commerce) as well as digital methods for digital payments in shops and related areas;
- instigate information campaign/seminars on e-government’s e-health services
The target groups will be the elder segment of the population, the homeless and other underprivileged groups.
The campaign will be promoted through tc-danmark’ internet site, newsletters, YouTube, press releases and TV. All materials will be available on www.tc-danmark.dk as well as through local ICT centres.
Together with their partners – www.e-handel.dk, ICT centres, and various municipalities – Telecentre-danmark will engage 200 users in the training and reach hundreds of thousands through promotional activities, including a TV programme on the national channel DK4.
Based on the success of GOW16 campaign, Telecentre-danmark are creating a 30-minute TV programme with a national broadcasting station, DK4. The TV programme will pay special focus to the new methods of digital payment. Key actors from the digital industry such as the consumer rights association, e-commerce watchdog, banks and financial organizations, will participate. It is estimated that the program will be seen by 1.2 mln viewers.
The TV program will be broadcast on DK4 channel every day, during the Get Online Week:
- Monday, 27th March at 23.30
- Tuesday, 28th March at 13.30
- Wednesday, 29th March at 18.00
- Thursday, 30th March at 17.30
- Friday, 31st March at 09.10
The program can be viewed on www.tc-danmark.dk from the 27th March
Contact: Mr. Morten Lembke, Special advisor
- GOW17 in Denmark – Cybersecurity and e-Commerce
- GOW17 in Denmark – helping homeless people gain digital skills