Raising public awareness about the key role of digital technologies in a modern society
In 2017, GOW17 in Croatia will be implemented by two Telecentre Europe member organisations – Telecentar and CTC Rijeka. Telecentar will organise the national public awareness campaign and CTC Rijeka will focus on face-to-face training.
Already a partner since 2012, Telecentar again will coordinate the Get Online Week activities in Croatia.
The main focus of the GOW17 in Croatia will be a public awareness campaign about the key role of digital technologies in a modern society. Telecentar with its major media partners, such as Croatian Radio Television, Radio Student, Television Student and student newspaper Global, will produce and broadcast targeted media messages. It is a very efficient way to reach out to vast audiences, as proved by previous years, and in 2017 the plan is to reach at least 100,000 people.
For the campaign, Telecentar will organize:
- Radio programme production, including podcasts on Cybersecurity and e-Services
- TV programme production
- Newspaper article publishing
- Round tables about coding in formal education in
- elementary schools – Telecentar is setting up media and computer labs in the community cultural centre in Zagreb, which can serve as a training of trainers centre for the local schools
- secondary schools – to facilitate human resource development needed to introduce more coding in the curricula for web designers
- university – to facilitate development of new web design and programming courses for journalists
On the topic of Employment and Entrepreneurship, Telecentar will produce a MOOC on digital entrepreneurship. This MOOC is part of the European Youth News Exchange (Y-NEX) MOOC on mobile journalism. In addition to English version, Telecentar plans to produce a Croatian version and demonstrate MOOC production to the local stakeholders.
GOW17 will also be used to officially launch the web site digitalna.hr, which will serve as an information and online education hub for digital technology related projects in Croatia.
Contact: Žarko Čižmar, President of Telecentar
Another partner for the GOW17 in Croatia is Centre of Technical Culture Rijeka (CTC Rijeka), NGO that celebrates Get Online Week from its beginning in 2010.
In Rijeka, Croatia, the focus will be put on face-to-face training, and citizens of all ages will have the opportunity to develop their digital skills with the 10 workshops, prepared by CTC Rijeka. The youngest, children from 2nd to 4th grade of primary school can join workshops on the usage of mBots or the program Scratch. Older students, those from 5th to 8th grade, can join a workshop on MicroBit. Youngsters can join workshops on topics such as visual identity and Photoshop, and the unemployed – workshop on Europass. For elderly citizens, a workshop on the usage of Facebook will be organised. Workshops on eServices, Online security and Skype are open for all citizens. All the workshops are free of charge. More info on: www.ctk-rijeka.hr
CTC expects approximately 150 participants for their workshops; and they will reach about 1500 people via their Facebook page, official website, newsletter, and press releases.
Contact: Zagorka Prce Veseli
- GOW17 in Rijeka, Croatia
- Get Online Week 2017 in Rijeka, Croatia: cybersecurity, robotics, visual programming
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Croatia